Due to significant growth within our truck and plant divisions, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Sales Administrator to join our team. The position will be based in Garvagh and the successful applicant will work alongside our current Senior Sales Administrator. The successful applicant will report directly to Senior Sales Administrator.
The position would ideally suit someone from a commercial vehicle/plant business who has carried out a similar function in sales administration. A good understanding of accounting principles would be a distinct advantage. Full in-house training will be given to the successful applicant.
• You will be responsible for all administration functions from the sales team.
• Processing of equipment and accessories orders from suppliers including receipt into stock when received, as well as checking that the prices are correct, and contacts are up to date.
• Set up workshop jobs for all equipment and post all relevant costs to same.
• Raise invoices to customers/finance companies for equipment etc
• Preparation of monthly profit schedules for equipment sales, creating accruals and prepayments as required and ensuring reconciliation of same.
• Calculation of monthly commission for sales personnel.
• Prepare monthly stock equipment reports and annually perform stock checks on site for equipment and accessories.
• Arrange for transportation of equipment.
• Control taxation of equipment and updating all relevant equipment imports on HMRC NOVA system to ensure the equipment can be taxed for road use if necessary.
• Registration of vehicles on AFRL system, applying for registration numbers for new vehicles registration,
• Monitoring of status of work in progress of vehicles with body builders. Raising order numbers and chasing up progress.
• Maintain CE certificate system and ensuring that certificates are forwarded to customers when required.
• The role will involve answering telephone calls/emails and dealing with customer queries.
• Other administrative duties that fall within the truck/plant department
• This post will be most suited to someone who has great organisational skills and has the ability to multi-task while continuing to pay a high level of attention to detail.
• Experience of management accounting and understanding of accruals/prepayments and provisions.
• Experience in a similar role.
• Enthusiastic person with positive and strong communication skills.
• A full and valid UK driving licence is required as you may be required to travel to other sites.
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above including Maths and English.
• Good knowledge of using MS Office package.
• Qualified or part qualified accountant/accounting technician.
The remuneration package will be dependent on relevant experience and qualifications.
Application forms for the above position can be obtained by contacting Donna Getty on 028 2955 6204 or email –
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 18 June 2021
TBF Thompson is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Parts Person serving the Workshop Department
Job title: Parts Person serving the Workshop Department
Department: TBF Thompson (Garvagh) Ltd, 6-10 Killyvalley Road, Garvagh
Responsible to: Parts Manager
1. The main function of this role will be to serve our workshop employees with spares required to repair Bell Dump trucks, Bomag Rollers, Hitachi Excavators, McCloskey Quarry Equipment, Thwaites Dumpers and Palfinger Cranes. Attending to mechanics at the workshop counter and invoice out any necessary parts to the job.
2. Making hydraulic hoses for internal cases and customers.
3. Answering incoming telephone calls from customers and suppliers.
4. Carrying out other duties as and when required by the parts manager.
5. Participating in stock checks when required.
6. When trained work overtime, evenings and Saturdays as requested. Be available to supply parts after hours especially at weekends.
7. Receiving and identifying stock together with checking off incoming spare parts. Make sure that they are binned properly and entered on to the computer system. Keep the department clean and tidy. Help load parts delivery van daily.
8. Picking and preparing the list of parts required for pre-delivery inspections and ensuring these are charged to the appropriate cases.
9. Creating and receiving purchase orders ensuring accurate stock records are maintained.
10. Ensuring stock levels are adequate.
11. Attending to mechanics at the workshop counter and invoice out any necessary parts to the job.
12. Making hydraulic hoses for internal cases and customers.
13. Answering incoming telephone calls from customers and suppliers.
14. Carrying out other duties as and when required by the parts manager.
15. Participating in stock checks when required.
16. When trained work overtime, evenings and Saturdays as requested. Be available to supply parts after hours especially at weekends.
- Previous warehousing experience with a Plant franchised business
- Basic level of education, including English and Mathematics
- Clean driving licence
- Counterbalance Forklift licence (Desirable)
- Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative
- Be able to work as part of a busy team
Application forms can be obtained by contacting Donna Getty at or phone 028 2955 6204.
Closing date for returned application forms is 18 June 2021 @ 5.00 pm