1. Supervise service engineers and apprentice engineers ensuring that the workshop runs efficiently.
2. Distribute work to the service engineers and prioritize the workload accordingly.
3. Organise parts for jobs, before/after completion of job.
4. Be available to all service engineers to offer support in any of the repair jobs
5. Deal with customer enquiries.
6. Liaise with Group Plant Service Manager to ensure that adequate numbers of staff are available to carry out the work in progress.
7. Review work in progress.
8. Deal and meet customers - take instructions and obtain order numbers and deposits where necessary.
9. Ensure that workshop equipment is kept in a safe and proper working order and arrange all necessary calibrations etc to comply with our standard of work and quality standards.
10. Organize repair of workshop equipment or obtain authorization for replacement equipment if necessary.
11. Deal with outstanding service debt / disputed accounts.
12. Quality control of all new machines on arrival and before leaving the site. Ensure any issues are reported immediately to the Group Plant Service Manager.
• Computer literate.
• Knowledge and experience working in the plant industry.
• Flexible approach to overtime.
• Good communication skills.
Contact Donna Getty for an application form – 028 2955 6204 or email
Return completed form to Donna Getty at TBF Thompson (Garvagh) Ltd, 6-10 Killyvalley Road, Garvagh, Coleraine, BT51 5JZ or by email.