Experienced Parts Advisor
Experienced Parts Advisor
TBF Thompson DAF Trucks
Reporting to: Parts Manager
Job Location – Vacancy at Mallusk
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Parts Advisor for our team in Mallusk. Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be responsible for dealing with customers both at the counter and over the phone taking responsibility for each sales lead you receive.
Normal working hours are 8am to 4.30pm but the Parts Department is open until 10pm Tuesday to Friday and 8am to 4pm on a Saturday, these hours are covered by a shift rota. Shift allowance will be paid. Overtime and Saturday work will be a requirement of this job as will after hours call-out.
Our people are our greatest asset, and we train to the highest standard and they are the best in the truck industry.
The Parts Advisor’s role is to ensure accurate identification of customer’s needs for parts by means of knowledge of the products, parts catalogues, and computer stock lists. The role will be required to conduct all transactions with customers in a courteous, professional and timely manner, ensuring the customer leaves with confidence with the accurate advice given on products.
Other duties will involve:
• Receiving and identifying stock.
• To check goods from suppliers.
• To correctly locate items in the stores.
• To conduct all transactions with customers with the utmost courtesy.
• Implementation of pricing structure as applicable.
• To ensure that all required parts for any particular repair or service and additional accessories are offered to customers.
• To ensure stock is kept secure and in first class condition.
• Ensure that a receipt, payment or authorised signature is received for all issues.
• To ensure that all customers are shown the utmost courtesy and consideration.
• To ensure that all products are in first class condition and suitable for use when purchased.
• To ensure stock is only issued in accordance with policy regarding payment or charge.
• To maintain stock control.
• To ensure all paperwork, documentation and requisitions are properly recorded within the stock control system.
• To ensure that all credit sales are made to an authorised signatory and approved account.
• To keep all parts catalogues, manufacturer lists etc updated and tidy.
• To notify the parts leader, or applicable senior leader, of any difference noted when inspecting incoming goods.
• To ensure all transactions take place according to dealership policy.
• To perform other duties as required from time to time.
• Proven experience in a customer facing role.
• Previous experience in a parts department role.
• Previous experience of the franchise or truck industry.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to build a rapport with customers.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
• We pay favourable rates depending on your experience.
• 29 days holidays per year (including Statutory).
• Automatic enrolment in Life Cover.
• Automatic enrolment in Workplace Pension Scheme.
Contact Donna Getty for an application form – firstname.lastname@example.org
Return completed form to Donna Getty at TBF Thompson (Garvagh) Ltd, 6-10 Killyvalley Road, Garvagh, Coleraine, BT51 5JZ
Closing 26/09/2022 @ 5.00 pm
TBF THOMPSON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNTIES EMPLOYER